Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Alexis + Harrison: Family Time {Richmond Family Photographer}

I love shooting these two kids! I first met them last year about this time, but since they live in the Richmond area, we have to make do with the few sessions we get. I was planning a visit to my sister last weekend when Alexis and Harrison's mom found out and asked if I could squeeze them in. Of course I could!

The weather had other plans for us though. We had originally decided on Maymont (if you've never been there, GO!) but found out a half-marathon would be starting about the same time as our session. Then we agreed to meet in Carytown...until the rain began just as I was arriving. A quick call was made to The Jefferson Hotel in downtown Richmond, an incredibly generous lady answered the phone, and we ended up shooting around the beautiful property. Normally The Jefferson charges a huge fee for even shooting outside the building, but apparently the lady felt sorry for us and all of our runied plans and gave us permission to use the hotel and property, gratis!

This one melts my heart, and I think it will for Alexis and Harrison's mom too...
Miss Fashion Queen Lexi~she loved this outfit and the furry boots she had on so much, she wanted to wear them to an afternoon birthday party. She didn't quite understand that it wasn't yet cold enough for them!

Harrison has grown and changed so much in the past year! I couldn't get over how fast he was on his feet and his gorgeous locks. Please pray for this little guy...he's got some medical issues going on right now that are baffling the doctors.


No comments: