Monday, May 19, 2008

Holly + Phil: Married

As promised, here are some shots from my sister's wedding this weekend. It was held at the Valentine Museum in downtown Richmond, in the garden, and turned out to be a gorgeous day! I am exhausted from the whirlwind weekend and will be packing today to leave town again tomorrow. Anyway...

A few images that lent themselves well to a vintage look...

They rented out a really cool trolley to take the guests to Penny Lane Pub after the reception, but first just Holly and Phil took a ride to the Capitol and I got to tag along for a mini-session. The Capitol holds a lot of memories for them both-Holly works right next door and they attended a huge gala there together.


In the garden at the museum~

Holly in hiding, reviewing her vows. They wrote their own, and I was doing well holding myself together until Phil began his. So sweet and completely honest. He really is the perfect guy for Holly and absolutely adores her.

Coming into the reception and seeing friends and family.


Dancing with Dad, who by the way introduced himself as father of the groom. Huh? That's okay, at my wedding, he said something about Mr. and Mrs. Rhiannon Berry. I don't think he likes public speaking all that much!


The cheesy grin planted on Phil's face was, as we soon found out, an indicator of the cake smashing that was about to follow.


But the cake...not your typical wedding cake, rather three tres leches (milk-soaked) cakes from one of Holly's favorite Richmond restaurants. That stuff flew off the table!

The groom's cake...


I loved seeing all of my family and close family friends together again. This is the last of our generation on my mom's side to get married and will be awhile before we have any more of the big weddings, so it was a little bittersweet. It truly was a day to remember.

Holly & Phil~I hope the two of you have a long wonderful life together. Phil, I am excited about you "officially" joining our family and I thank you for taking such good care of Holly. Many blessings to both of you!

(I flubbed my Matron of Honor speech...started rambling because of the emotion, so this was the redo...I'm much better writing than speaking...I get it honestly!)

No comments: