Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rob + Emma: Married

So this was the wedding I've been waiting on for quite a while. Emma and I met 10 years ago when I visited England, and we've kept in touch ever since. When she emailed me to let me know that she and Rob would be getting married, I didn't think there was much of a chance that I would be there (even though I always said I would!). Lo and behold, Bert and I were given an amazing opportunity by my parents (thanks Mom and Dad!) and we just returned last night from five days in Europe.


We had an amazing time, and I will blog about our journey in a couple of days. Right now, it's time for a little bit of Rob and Emma. These two have been together for about seven years (correct me if I'm wrong guys) and are so stinking cute. I know there are some differences anyway between American and English weddings and receptions, and they went the route of non-traditional, at least from what I can tell. It was definitely cool to experience something completely different, and even get to be a guest at the same time!


The day began with the girls getting ready at Emma's house. We then headed over to the church in a black taxi, one of those old-timey cars that London is known for.

During the ceremony, the couple, best man, maid of honor and minister all leave to go sign the marriage register. It was really a neat thing and Rob and Emma were able to have a quiet moment before visiting with the guests.
Can you believe this is just in the church hallway? I saw the sunlight streaming in, actually on another guest, and knew that I had to get Emma in that spot!
So after some yummy cupcakes (thanks to their friend Nikki!) and talking with everyone, the newlyweds and some of the guests headed to a more formal reception at Denbies Vineyard.

This place was beautiful, just as I knew it would be. It embodies the stereotypical "English Countryside" that Americans (at least me!) picture in their minds. We didn't have a long time due to some strong winds, coming rain, and hungry guests, but I quickly got some of Rob and Emma just enjoying each other for a bit.



Dinner was an intimate time of speeches, conversation, and delicious food. I truly enjoyed my time getting to know some of Rob and Emma's friends and of course getting to see Emma again. This was an incredible trip and will hold memories for years.

Rob & Emma~I hope you guys are having a fabulous time in Paris and the South of France right now. Thank you for everything, especially for the chance to photograph the biggest day of your lives. I hope to see you soon~let's not make it long!

No comments: