Monday, August 4, 2008

Home at Last

17 days, 13 states, 6,628 miles, 3 fighting buffalo, and 50+ mosquito bites later, I'm finally home. We arrived home Thursday morning after driving through the night and it has been very nice to get back to a bed! I've been busy catching up on emails and editing, but a couple of things have hit me in the last couple of days.

I went to the doctor yesterday and was diagnosed with strep throat. Soooo not fun! Though I'm feeling much better, I'm still hanging low. On top of that (and probably more stressful for me), I will be without my laptop for another two weeks or so. It was sent away while I was gone to simply have the power jack repaired, now it's not booting up and after getting the run-around from Best Buy all weekend because it was "tax-free weekend", they are sending it out again. Needless to say, they are not on my good list right now. I'm trying to set things up on my husband's laptop so I can get some work done, and thankfully I have most of my files backed up on an external hard drive here at home. For those of you who need your computer often, you know how frustrating this is!

There will be pictures to come!

No comments: