Wednesday, April 2, 2008

I'm Baaacckkk!!

I've officially recuperated from our trip up north. Well, on second thought, maybe not. It was a whirlwind week but it was so nice just to get away for a bit. Here's a look at what we did...

Somehow I missed getting any pictures of our time at Hunter Mountain, NY, but this is on our way up there after leaving Baltimore. (The first photo of myself on the blog and I couldn't even use a better one.) Remember Razzles, the crazy chalky candy that somehow morphs into gum? I was pretty excited about finding them, until I actually got a taste. They don't quite resemble what I remember.

For those of you who don't know my husband Bert, he is a straight up coffee addict. Venti double shot is the norm for him at any hour of the day. This was the first of many Starbucks stops.

We made it to NYC! I had never been before so it was fun to finally see all of the sites. The rest of the photos are from our two days in the city. The first is Times Square...I'll spare you the picture but we saw the Naked Cowboy, the guy that plays guitar in his underwear and has had a huge amount of publicity because of it.

Taking a carriage ride through Central Park. This was towards the end of our first day and was more for the sake of giving our feet a break than for the romance factor. :)

It was a big day for Romeo (the horse)! Not only was it his birthday but he got to show off a crazy lip tattoo from his racing days.
It took me a minute to figure out where we were here, but if you look off to the right of Bert, you can faintly see the Statue of Liberty in the distance.
Scenic shots from around NYC~





This was a little emotional...the American flag flying at Ground Zero.

More to come from Darryl and Melissa's wedding. I'll be shooting their reception at the Parlor Ballroom here in Lynchburg next weekend but will post some of the NJ affair soon.

No comments: