Monday, September 8, 2008

Business: Updates

Business is a funny thing~a balance between doing what is comfortable and doing what you know will push you to succeed. Lately I have had a million ideas running through my head about where to take Simple Reflections and even more so, praying for direction and guidance. Just being able to do what I'm doing is a blessing, more than I could have asked for. Despite the late hours (for those of you who don't know, I am a special education teacher during the day, but am getting ready to phase that out), the worries about the future, and wanting to buy fun new equipment all the time, I love every minute of capturing these priceless memories for people. Even though the children you see on the blog aren't my own, there is something about the camera that allows me to learn who they are, amazing me every time I catch a twinkle in the eye or a mischievous grin.

There are so many new things transpiring lately, and I cannot wait to tell you all about them. I'll be "unveiling" a few ideas within the next couple of weeks, and then more as we progress toward the new year. (Hint: baby faces, new spaces, and interesting places)

Saturday night I had the great opportunity to see Colorado photographer Sam Puc' in Richmond. Not only did the seminar confirm the questions I had in my mind, but gave me new information to run with. It was a fabulous opportunity~aptly named "Babies & Bellies" because of the emphasis on maternity and newborn sessions. Sam has created gorgeous work and you would never believe she started out shooting in her bedroom!

I'll be busy this week preparing for a bridal show I have on Sunday. Lots of details to finalize! Shoot me an email if you need more information.

No comments: